I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, as I've not been too successful in organising an online meeting for this project, but it was very constructive. Perhaps it's not as if everyone has to be online at the same time, as long as people communicate their ideas (there were 3 out of 5 project members at this online conference).
We covered the following.
- Editing/sharing: how we'd collaborate with Dropbox and Google Docs (share images and music on Dropbox, and edit text on Google Docs), so we won't be editing a different storyline in different places. Some feedback on the storyline too (suggestion to add events);
- Music: bouncing ideas for the music score, to combine old and new instruments and styles; and confirmed we'd keep the minimalist structure, which adds a layer every time the reader turns the page, and;
- Research: look into adding layers of music/sound with Flash and actionscript, online and through college.
We didn't set the time for the next meeting, as I didn't know the schedules of the two members who couldn't participate. I'll cover that by contacting them individually, and set the time. It was a productive introduction for a digital collaboration for me.