Thursday 2 December 2010

still movie tests

This clip is a test of an idea I had about the present/ongoing and the past. I used a Nikon DSLR to shoot both still and video images, and combined the two in to one frame. I still need to work on the quality of the clip, but the idea is there, and I think it works.

Half/half

I also want to try dividing the screen horizontally, or for the frame to be vertical...


as well as adding an image which covers only a small section of the frame.



I have also created two clips from a same set of still photographs, to be played at different speeds. Shots with less frames/sec appears more like individual images, like a slide show, whereas when more shots are squeezed in, it flows more like a clip.


Other experimental clips I made: http://vimeo.com/user5371109