Friday 17 June 2011

plastic, sound and other issues

I find out that 4 plastic sheets for my column/vitrine design would cost around £100, or £400 to have the edges polished for the corners and assembled. I will redesign the column with less plastic, or with alternative material.

I have talk to Carl for headphones and Mac minis, and it looked hopeful I'd be able to use 4 headphones and 2 minis.

I've also been creating clips.


There was a wedding party on a boat on the river Spree, and the group had just got off onto the riverbank. The Wall and the TV tower are in the background. The clip starts with a post-celebration image, and the balloons come back into people's hands. I'm planning on making a another clip with images taken at the same location, but subtly different, to portray uncertainty of memories.



These images were also shot on the riverbank which used to divide East and West. On the building that was once used by the East German border guards is an advert for Sky, which reads, I do not watch TV. I see something better ["Ich guck keine Fernsehen. Ich seh was Besseres." ]

Although this isn't visibly too clear.



Red phone and images of Lola Rennt. The film was shot in Berlin, where Lola fights with time and changes what was supposedly her destiny in the changing city, with multiple experiences of parallel timelimes.