Saturday 23 July 2011

meeting with Terry

I've had a meeting with Terry about screen 2 and sound.

Nick has previously pointed out how a music track I'd chosen would not work for the final project. I have asked for Terry for his opinion who then discussed the issue with Nick. It seemed that there was a misunderstanding to how we were going to use the track, and Nick will use the melody/tune and experiment referencing it in the project.

Sound for screen 2 (which Terry is working on) has issues which need to be resolved. I intend to play sections of interviews with Berliners I recorded in the city. Some are in German, but I find subtitles distracting to have with the images of the clips. One idea is not to use subtitles at all, although non-German speaking audience may find the context of the work harder to understand.