Friday 20 November 2009

Reflecblog

Blogging has been a new learning experience for me. I have viewed the blogging culture as a collective of journalists-wannabes publishing personal accounts I didn't care to know about. My photojournalist background didn't help. In other words, my "professional" pride got in the way, even though I am no longer a journalist.
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Adare, in Cornwell, 2004)

I reluctantly entered the new culture when my tutor "strongly" recommended using a blog as my learning journal.

It then became a casual sketchbook of images and texts I found in books and websites... until today, where I am finally typing words of refection, about reflection. I aim to keep this journal just larger enough circle for myself, my classmates and tutors. And, I hope this will develop into a neat recording system of my learning, awareness, and a habit.

Some of the things I wall bare in mind are:
description of events, experiences and processes,
my feelings about these events,
positive and negative experiences, and self-questioning about these experiences,
analysis of my work and evaluation of my progress,
ideas for future development,
links to your coursework and theories,
use of the first person, and
be honest. (UAL, 2007)

So, here I start my refbloglection.




Cornwell, R. (2004) Red Adair: Oilwell Firefighter Who Became an American Legend. [online] http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/red-adair-550241.html