Saturday 27 February 2010

A Skype Meeting: 26/02/2010

with Lee, Ting and Terry

We talked, and typed, about how we could use the images. It was a follow up of an idea I'd heard from Lee at the group critique, which I'd not heard before. I felt we needed to talk to the group about it. His idea was to have the photos that have been manipulated separate from text and Ting's illustration. I'd thought about it after he mentioned it, and it sounded like it would work.

In the meeting we discussed this idea and everyone seemed to think this way, and this is what we're going to do.

Another topic on manipulating images. I'd seen Lee's images and was impressed by them, but wasn't aware of his idea of collaboration, which was that I would then add a photograph on top of what he had done, like a collage. I said I'd give it a go and see how they look. I'm not much of a Photoshop type, so I don't know how much I could do to satisfy myself and others.

I'm starting to see the limitations of Skype, where it often cuts people out. It is possibly related to internet connections participants have, but most of us were affected by it over a 40 minutes period. Which is frustrating. What other conferency methods can we use that's free...


I don't need to talk to 5 artists Skype has chosen - I just want to talk with my creative partners.